On Sunday, as HEGS readers will already know, young forward Mauro Icardi hit four goals for Sampdoria against Pescara in Serie A, beating Lionel Messi to a four goal haul by a few hours. The performance has sparked calls here in Argentina for Alejandro Sabella to call Icardi up to the national team as soon as possible, to tie him to Argentina, with Italian boss Césare Prandelli a very vocal admirer. You can about it in this piece by me for ESPNFC.
Click to view
HEGS Flickr group
- @chappell_mark Maybe. Or he's at too much of a remove from everything for it to affect him. tweeted 1 hour ago
- RT @viaSimonRomero: Stunning indictment on FIFA & $150 million kickback scheme. Also remarkable: Bribes seem to pale in comparison to Brazi… tweeted 1 hour ago
- @chappell_mark So I hear. But Blatter doesn't care about FIFA's credibility! tweeted 1 hour ago
- @OjitosNyc Totalmente! Leíste el comunicado? Ni una palabra de verdad! tweeted 1 hour ago
- @chappell_mark Really? Extremely surprised if Blatter goes down. Would be the only true positive in this. Without him it's window dressing. tweeted 1 hour ago
- (Almost) all the goals from the weekend just gone in Argentina's top two divisions
- Buenos Aires Football De Tours
- Racing v Independiente: watch the clásico de Avellaneda, and listen to me commentate on it!
- Gerardo Martino names preliminary 30-player list for Copa América
- Boca Juniors' Copa Libertadores disqualification: trying to summarise the fall-out
hastaelgolsiempre on All the goals from the ninth r… Samuel on Person of the weekend: referee… hastaelgolsiempre on Person of the weekend: referee… Samuel on Person of the weekend: referee… hastaelgolsiempre on Argentine football in 2014: tw…